EPISODE SIX – Ask the Consultant
Today in EPISODE SIX of Ask the Consultant, host Braden Kelley shows you how to take advantage of an amazing new Zoom feature that lets you easily create compelling videos with PowerPoint slides over your shoulder in the background.
This is a way better method of presenting slides than having your camera on and sharing your screen.
This video is itself an example of what you can do with this new Zoom feature (currently in BETA) and inside I’ll show you step by step how to do it.
This zoom tutorial will help all of the following people be more efficient and effective:
- keynote speakers
It shows how to simply do what previously took third-party apps like mmhmm or post-production video editing knowledge and lots of time to achieve. It’s so easy that I can finally get around to recording Change Planning Toolkit™ eLearning and certification programs.
So, stay tuned!
Surprise people the next time you present on Zoom or record more compelling instructional videos and e-Learning to power your business or engage your students.
Now would be a great time to hire me to do a virtual keynote for your organization to empower your employees with greater knowledge and capabilities around innovation, change, transformation or design thinking.
Quick Reminder of Steps to Create Over the Shoulder Slides in Zoom
- Create a new PowerPoint (13.33” x 7.5” works well)
- Choose a Background for your Zoom slides
- Fill default wide-screen format of all slides
- Copy slide from source presentation and paste it as an image onto one of your new background slides
- Resize pasted slide image to be 9.5” wide
- Position slide image upper right with ¼” border
- Open Zoom
- Start a Meeting
- Click the Start Video icon (ALT + V)
- Click the Screen Sharing icon (ALT + S)
- Click the Advanced tab
- Click on ‘PowerPoint as Virtual Background’
- Select Your PowerPoint to import as a background
Help Shape the Next ‘Ask the Consultant’ Episode
- Contact me with your question for the next video episode of “Ask the Consultant” live from my innovation studio
- Grab a great deal on Stoking Your Innovation Bonfire on Amazon while they last!
- Get a copy of my latest book Charting Change on Amazon
Below are the previous episodes of ‘Ask the Consultant’:
- EPISODE ONE – What is innovation?
- EPISODE TWO – How do I create continuous innovation in my organization?
- EPISODE THREE – What is digital transformation?
- EPISODE FOUR – What is the best way to create successful change?
- EPISODE FIVE – What is design thinking?
- All other episodes of Ask the Consultant
Sign up here to get Human-Centered Change & Innovation Weekly delivered to your inbox every week.