WILL.I.AM and Honeywell have collaborated to bring the Xupermask to market.
What is the Xupermask?
It’s probably easiest to describe the Xupermask as equal parts: health & safety equipment, personal electronics, and fashion statement.
At its heart the Xupermask is a human-centered design intended to empower the user to feel both safe AND productive. It addresses the following set of user needs that are mostly unmet by traditional mask options:
1. Fits well to the face so escaping air doesn’t fog up your glasses
2. Fit also better prevents unsafe air from entering
3. Fans improve the ease of respiration
4. HEPA filters improve air quality
5. Built-in microphone for easier and safer phone calls
6. Built-in Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones for phone and entertainment
For me, the Xupermask seems like overkill for many day to day situations.
But, when I think about getting on public transport every day or flying on a commercial airline cross-country or across an ocean, the idea of having a Xupermask to wear becomes quite appealing.
And for those of us in the western United States, this could come in quite handy during forest fire season – just saying.
What do you think about the Xupermask?
Innovation or not?
Image credit: Xupermask