Recently I sat down with Mauro Porcini, PepsiCo’s first-ever Chief Design Officer for an Innovation Leader conversation across different topics and themes, from culture to design, from people to innovation, from strategy to failure, starting with these six questions:
- Why is it more important to design meaning than products?
- What are your favorite methods for getting to the heart of people’s wants and needs?
- How are you trying to spread design thinking throughout PepsiCo?
- Can you walk us through the creation of PepsiCo’s design website? Why was it important for your team to have an external site?
- If you had it all to do over again, what would you do differently?
- What is your approach to failure?