GUEST POST from Art Inteligencia
The future of technology and the way that individuals interact with their environment continues to evolve and develop at a rapid rate. As a result, it is becoming increasingly important for individuals to understand and master the various areas of futurist disciplines. With the advent of new technologies and advancements in artificial intelligence, the need for individuals to be able to effectively navigate the ever-changing landscape of the future has never been more important. Seven areas futurists should continue to master include:
1. Strategic Foresight: The ability to interpret trends, assess their potential impact, and develop sound strategies to take advantage of them.
2. Analytical Thinking: The capacity to analyze complex problems and develop solutions to them.
3. Systems Thinking: The ability to see the “bigger picture” and how different elements can interact to create a desired outcome.
4. Technology Fluency: A deep understanding of the implications of technological advancements, and how to best leverage them for maximum benefit.
5. Innovation: The capacity to identify opportunities for disruptive change and create new products, services, and experiences.
6. Adaptability: The ability to quickly adapt to change and to embrace new ideas and processes.
7. Communication: The ability to effectively communicate ideas, thoughts, and plans to stakeholders and the public.
As technology advances and the world moves further into the future, the need for futurists to stay competitive in the job market increases. These areas of mastery are becoming increasingly valuable as the world continues to evolve, and those who possess these skills will be in high demand.
Does your organization employ a futurist?
Bottom line: Futurists are not fortune tellers. They use a formal approach to achieve their outcomes, but a methodology and tools like those in FutureHacking™ can empower anyone to be their own futurist.
Image credit: Pixabay
Sign up here to get Human-Centered Change & Innovation Weekly delivered to your inbox every week.