What is Thought Leadership Martketing?
Potential customers are always looking for new ideas that will help them think through and hopefully solve the problems that they struggle with in their organizations.
The role of thought leadership marketing is to harness and exploit the incredible intellectual capital that exists within organizations to:
- Increase the profile of the organization amongst competitors in the marketplace
- Educate the public on the value of the products and services that the organization produces
- Prepare the general public to accept the new solutions that innovations may offer to existing problems
- Increase the volume of inbound sales leads to the organization
Thought leadership marketing is typically most valuable to organizations that either sell services or fairly complicated products that are not easy to understand without explanation, or that may even require services to fully implement the product.
Helping organizations take advantage of thought leadership marketing can include:
- Researching the optimal thought leadership topics for content development
- Optimizing the marketing potential of existing thought leadership for public consumption
- Commercializing existing thought leadership into new content artifacts
- Creation of new content leadership in cooperation with employees within the organzation
- Developing a strategy to use new and existing thought leadership artifacts to generate future demand for products and services
And good thought leadership marketing strategies leverage several different types of media including:
Should thought leadership marketing be part of your overall marketing strategy?
Braden Kelley can help you take full advantage of the thought leadership potential of your employees by creating and implementing a thought leadership marketing strategy to complement your traditional marketing methods.